A commercial yacht is any yacht engaged in trade, commerce, or on charter, and carrying no more than 12 passengers. The registration of commercial yachts is limited to those of 24 meters (m) or more in length.
- Number of days chartered to third parties is unlimited.
- Recognized and accepted by the Paris, Tokyo, and Caribbean Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs).
- No limit on the maximum size and tonnage of the yacht.
- MI-242CY, Requirements for Commercial Yacht Registration
A PAXY is any passenger ship registered as per Chapter II of the RMI Maritime Act (MI-107) that is described on the Certificate of Registry as a PAXY and therefore may be engaged in trade, commerce, or on charter and carrying up to 36 passengers.
- Ability to charter with up to 36 passengers.
- Recognized by the Paris, Tokyo, and Caribbean MoUs.
- MI-242PAXY, Requirements for Passenger Yacht Registration
All commercial yachts and PAXYs, regardless of tonnage/age, shall be certified to comply with the requirements of the RMI Yacht Code 2021 and must undergo a Compliance Verification by an Appointed Representative (AR).
The AR must also issue a Record of Safety Equipment and, where applicable, a Tender Statement of Compliance.
For further information or to proceed with registration please contact [email protected].