- General Information
- Vessel Registration
- Mortgage Recordation
- International Participation
- MLC, 2006
- Nairobi International Convention, 2007
- Security & Safety
- Ship Radio Licensing
- Vessel Document Verification
- Technical Support
- Tonnage Tax Calculator
- Pay Fees
- Update Billing Information
- Forms & Publications
We are committed to providing the highest quality ship registry services found anywhere in the world. Shipowners and operators in today’s international marine transportation industry require an established and efficient administration that:
- provides a registration process that is compatible with the operation of their vessels;
- provides a respected regulatory atmosphere regarding maritime safety, security, and environmental protection;
- is capable and willing to act responsively and decisively whenever or wherever necessary; and
- consists only of quality vessels, owned and operated by quality owners and ship managers.
We remain alert for ways to improve upon the maritime program and services as changes occur in the industry and regulatory arena. In order to meet higher expectations, each of our worldwide offices is capable of handling vessel registration, including those under construction, mortgage and financing charter recordation, company incorporation, and servicing clientele.
- Vessel / Yacht Registration
- Mortgage and Financing Charter Recordation and Documentation
- Vessel Inspection
- Radio Station Licensing
- Officer and Crew Examination / Certification
- Seafarers’ Identification and Record Books
- Technical Assistance
- Information on Maritime Regulations and Port Activities
- IRI has 70 years of experience administering maritime and corporate programs.
- Decentralized operations provide customers with 24/7 service from 28 worldwide offices.
- International lending institutions and shipbuilders have confidence in the RMI vessel registration, documentation, and preferred ship mortgage and financing charter recordation standards and procedures.
- The RMI has adopted groundbreaking legislation that permits the registration of a vessel that is still subject to a recorded mortgage in its present country of registry. This legislation provides for the continuation of the preferred status of the mortgage without interruption; thus, the foreign mortgage lien accompanies the vessel into the RMI Registry.
- Assistance and technical support are available from our staff of qualified and experienced mariners, naval architects, surveyors, nautical inspectors, marine safety, and environmental protection specialists, shipping company administrators, radio specialists, and casualty investigators.
- Inquiries receive prompt responses and owners and operators may communicate directly with the Registry.
- A worldwide network of Nautical Inspectors conducts in-port inspections and responds to owner and operator needs. Our inspection and follow-up program supports vessel operation efforts in meeting international standards.
- An information network of Marine Safety Advisories is distributed to apprise owners and operators of changes to international shipping regulations, security bulletins, and PSC activities to help avoid unnecessary delays and compliance problems.
- The RMI has an active delegation and a permanent representative at the IMO that participates in all of the committee and subcommittee meetings.
- IRI’s Maritime Services Group is ISO 9001:2015 certified.