- Updates Regarding the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- General Information
- Vessel Registration
- Mortgage Recordation
- International Participation
- MLC, 2006
- Nairobi International Convention, 2007
- Security & Safety
- Ship Radio Licensing
- Vessel Document Verification
- Technical Support
- Tonnage Tax Calculator
- Pay Fees
- Update Billing Information
- Forms & Publications
Home1 » Maritime2 » Vessel Registration3 » Certificates
Certificates Issued Upon Registration
Upon satisfactory receipt of required applications, documents, and registration requirements, together with the payment of fees, a Certificate of Registry and other trading documents will be issued to the vessel.
RMI permits issuing certain certificates electronically, namely:
- Provisional Certificates of Registry;
- Temporary Authority Ship Radio Station Licenses;
- Minimum Safe Manning Certificates (“MSMCs”);
- Certificates of Insurance or Other Financial Security in Respect of Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage (“CLCs”);
- Certificates of Insurance or Other Financial Security in Respect of Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage (“CLBCs”);
- Certificates of Insurance or Other Financial Security in Respect of Liability for the Removal of Wrecks (“WRLCs”); and
- Certificates of Insurance of Other Financial Security in Respect of Liability for the Death of and Personal Injury to Passengers (“PLCs”).
Each Certificate is issued with unique features including:
- a Quick Response (“QR”) Code in the upper right-hand corner;
- a Unique Tracking Number (“UTN”) on the bottom left-hand corner;
- a Certificate Number in the upper right-hand corner;
- an electronic signature of either a Special Agent or Deputy Commissioner (i.e. the signature of the Statusboard user who creates the certificates and documents, this will be direct MI personnel only and not contractors who were previously authorized to sign); and
- the Deputy Commissioner or Special Agent seal, dependent on the authority of the signer.
These certificates will be issued to RMI-flagged vessels electronically. All other documents associated with registration (i.e. Port Authority Letter, Letter to Master etc.) can also be conveyed electronically with electronic signature and electronic seal.
See MN 1-109-1.
View Vessel Document/Certificate Verification here.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Receive recent news and never miss an update.