A passenger yacht (PAXY) is any yacht certified to carry more than 12 but not more than 36 passengers. Registration of passenger yachts is limited to those which have a class certificate with a passenger ship or passenger yacht notation.
- MI-127PAXY, Declaration of Intent to Maintain Passenger Yacht Compliance.
- MI-336Y, Application for Minimum Safe Manning Certificate – Yacht.
- MI-104Y, Application for Ship Radio Station License within 90 days of registration.
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) Amendment forms.
- Under the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (MLC, 2006), a Maritime Labour Certificate is mandatory.
- Confirmation of Class issued by a Classification Society.
- A PAXY Compliance Certificate (PAXYCC) issued by an AR.
- Copy of Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) Conformance Test Report for all PAXYs.
All PAXYs, regardless of tonnage/age, shall be certified to comply with the requirements of the RMI Yacht Code and must undergo a Compliance Verification by an AR.
Complete information regarding RMI PAXY registration requirements can be found in Chapter VII, Section 1 of the MI-100, Vessel Registration and Mortgage Recording Procedures. A complete fee schedule for RMI PAXYs can be found here.
Note: See MN-2-011-43, Registration of Tenders and Issuance of Tender Statements of Compliance and MN-2-011-53, Conducting Surveys and Issuing International Convention and National Certificates for Commercial Yachts, Passenger Yachts, and Yachts Engaged in Trade for additional guidance.