A commercial yacht is any yacht engaged in trade, commerce, or on charter, and carrying less than 12 passengers. The registration of commercial yachts is limited to those of 24 m or more in length.
- MI-127CC, Declaration of Intent to Maintain Commercial Compliance.
- MI-336Y, Application for Minimum Safe Manning Certificate – Yacht.
- MI-104Y, Application for Ship Radio Station License within 90 days of registration.
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) Amendment forms to be submitted for yachts over 500 GT.
- Under the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (MLC, 2006), a Maritime Labour Certificate is mandatory for commercial yachts of 500 GT or more.
- While MLC, 2006 certification is not mandatory for commercial yachts under 500 GT, any commercial yacht may be subject to inspection to verify compliance with MLC, 2006; thus, certification is recommended.
- Confirmation of Class issued by a Classification Society.
- A Commercial Yacht Compliance Certificate (CYCC) issued by an AR.
- Copy of Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) Conformance Test Report for all commercial yachts 300 GT and over.
All commercial yachts, regardless of tonnage/age, shall be certified to comply with the requirements of the Code and must undergo a Compliance Verification by an AR.
Complete information regarding RMI commercial yacht registration requirements can be found in Chapter VII, Section 1 of the MI-100, Vessel Registration and Mortgage Recording Procedures. A complete fee schedule for RMI commercial yachts can be found here.
Note: See MN-2-011-43, Registration of Tenders and Issuance of Tender Statements of Compliance and MN-2-011-53, Conducting Surveys and Issuing International Convention and National Certificates for Commercial Yachts, Passenger Yachts, and Yachts Engaged in Trade for additional guidance.